Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Making Some Changes

Hello Friends,
It has been a long time since I have been on here. But I have decided to make some changes that will require I be on here more often.
 I hope spring finds everyone well and ready for summer! I know Oklahoma is already HOT! But that's OK. I am ready for it. Although it was really hard to turn the AC on for the first time. I don't mind the heat so much, as long as there is a breeze. But my hubby and kids can't handle it. SO I turned the AIR on and they cover up with blankets on the sofa... Oh well.
 We have been super busy! And I am so glad. I truly hate to have nothing to do but house work. ;)
I am now the Women's Ministry Director of our church and have been pretty busy trying to get things lined out. And I am not organized! So that just keeps me running in circles. But we have had a great start to our new ministry. And I am really excited, and truly thankful to my team! They are awesome on so many levels.
 Which brings me to some of the changes I am going to make on my blog. I am going to try and be an encouragement, leaving Words of wonder and love from Scripture. I thought maybe this could be the way I could give back. So many of you have give aways and are selling on etsy to share your crafts. Well, I don't make crafts... I shop for them. And since my sewing machine is being stubborn, I can't sew right now anyway. Which is really frustrating!
 My desire in life is to Minister to women. To let you know that you are loved by God, and myself, and that no matter what you have been through or have done, you are beautiful. And there is nothing but yourself that can keep you from an amazing, everlasting, unconditional love, that is God. I will share some of my story at times to help you understand why I feel that way I do and how He has been my Rock, the Only Way, and Only One who could get me through my hard times that started as a very young child.
 I will not be preaching. I will be sharing thoughts, and would love feed back, comments to start discussions, whatever... positive or negative. I'm tough, I can take it. ;)
But there will also be a lot of the normal stuff on here too.
 So, on to other things. Like my kiddos, it is the end of the school year and it will be a crazy busy summer!
 Yesterday was the end of the year awards assembly for my youngest, Addie. She is in first grade, and she is pretty much brilliant. Her teachers don't know what to do with her. She reads like a crazy person at 126 words in 40 seconds! WHAT! how is that even possible? They ask her questions and she is able to retain the story to answer the questions afterward. So she isn't skimming. And for the reading tests they read out loud. UGH! We will be at the library all summer I think.
 Is is sad that when your child brings home a paper and she has missed one you are excited because it isn't another 100? Yes, I guess it is. I just worry that she is going to grow up expecting to always have to be perfect. Have the perfect grades, job... I want her to understand that it is OK to make mistakes once in a while, or more even...
 Anyway. We were so proud of her yesterday as she was awarded the Academic Excellence award for her class. And she was so excited because she got the award last year as well!
 I think this is pretty long. a book maybe? Perhaps I shouldn't wait so long between visits.
 but I do have to brag about one more of my children, Jillian is 12 and she plays the alto sax in the 6th grade band. I am so proud of her. She works so hard. And she has accomplished so much. We got to hear her play last night in her 1st band concert with the sax, (they changed her in Dec from clarinet). And she played so well! We were very proud of her.
 Well, I guess that is all for now. I will probably be back on later this week, as I still have so much to say! Maybe I should make some friends to talk to once in a while... hmm

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great that you are looking to change things around (love the new background!). I KNOW you can find lots of blogs to follow that speak to your heart and share the same passion as you do. Once you find one or two, you can branch off of their friends, and then friends of friends and so on. Blogging is an awesome way to share your joys and your frustrations. What's so awesome is finding those sisters in Christ. I think you should pursue it... you never know what kind of awesome ideas you can get from others too.

    Have fun! Happy blogging~

    ReplyDelete